Small Business Offerings
I work with makers and small business owners of all kinds, from therapists and health coaches to photographers and visual artists.
My clients want to grow their work-- build an audience, write a book, scale their products, launch a new endeavor, and work with more of the clients they love-- and struggle to find consistent, focused momentum, and confidence around what they do.
This almost always stems from three things:
1) Messaging confusion. An inability to clearly see and communicate your expertise- what you do, who it's for, and why it's valuable.
2) A lack of clarity around future goals and the values that drive them. You need help seeing the big-picture- getting specific what you're growing towards, what you need, and what personal values inform these goals and needs.
3) A plan that takes into account both the message and long-term goals. If you don't have a plan, you'll continue to waste time overthinking your next move, working in spurts and then coming to a stand still, and feeling uncertain.
I work with clients using a combination of strategic planning, writing, and coaching.
My Story Mapping process digs deeply into the pieces of your individual creative puzzle, taking into account your past experiences, trainings, obsessions, stuck places, and lifestyle.
Our work leaves you with:
- A step-by-step map designed to move you towards growth, taking into account your individual goals, values and expertise
- Messaging that captures the depth of your expertise: what you do, who it's for, why it's valuable
- A plan for incorporating this messaging into your website, social media, and newsletter
- Resources; suggested partnerships; tips for moving forward with consistency; feedback and accountability.
Need a new website, bio, or plan for digital content sharing? We tackle these things, too.
$150 | 90-minute single session
Together we identify your stuck places, and create concrete next-steps. Includes focus exercises and follow-up email.
New Client Mapping Package
$235 | Two Sessions (one 90-minute, one 75-minute)
We dive into your business or creative, identify your deep expertise, and use this to create goals. Includes a 2-3 page mapping document, focus exercises, and homework between sessions.
Ongoing Sessions for Current Clients
$85 | 75-minutes | Includes email feedback between sessions
$625 | Three sessions (two 90-minute, one 75-minute) + positioning copy
Messaging packages help you get clear about your work: what you do, who it's for, what sets it apart, and why it's valuable. Package includes focus exercises, a 3-5 page mapping document, a plan for refocusing your website, and select copywriting.
Wondering if I'm a good fit for your needs? Let's find a time to connect for a 15-minute phone check-in.
More about Laura:
I’m a teacher, maker, writer, director, and producer. As a scrappy artist working on productions with tiny budgets, I’ve worn all the hats necessary for making things happen: writing press releases and grants and copy; coordinating teams; managing budgets; overseeing events. I am equally excited about the big picture and the nitty gritty details (and hard work) necessary to get there.
My feedback is designed to serve you. I credit the Red Eye Theater’s Works In Progress program and artist Liz Lerman (check out her Critical Response Process) with teaching me to give (and accept) helpful feedback. My suggestions and advice give priority to your vision-- the thing you’ve given your best care, creative energy and hard work to.
I love a puzzle. Creative work is exactly this. I get to take a good look at the the big picture of your work, and the smaller pieces (website, social media, messaging, work habits, collaborations) that make up this big picture.
I see your expertise. My superpower is uncovering your superpowers. And connecting the dots to make a plan.
I've been there. It's a terribly vulnerable thing to put your creative work into the world, and nearly impossible to get objective about something that's so very personal. I'm honored to support your process,